Friday, March 13, 2009

Top Reasons My Hun is Amazing


One thing I've always hated about myself is that I'm a really poor writer. Like, I always want to send someone a note telling them how much they mean to me, how much I love them and how truly grateful to God I am for their friendship and love. So I sit down to do it and all the standard cliches come rolling out. Heartfelt it always is, but a good way for me to communicate it is not. So here I am, left with a heart full of thanks and gratitude and no way to get it out. Fortunately though, I am good at making lists! Lists make me (like a lot of you) supremely happy. On the "name one thing that always makes you happy" question, "lists" would undoubtedly be at the top of the um...well, list. Recently, I've been thinking a lot about how much I love my Hun so I thought I'd make use of my skills and give you the top 30 (at least the ones I can think of right now).


1. He's SUPER handsome

2. He gets up every morning with the kids and gets them breakfast so that I can sleep in a bit

3. He changes yucky diapers & wipes yucky bottoms

4. He goes grocery shopping more than I do

5. He encourages me in the fun things I love to do (photography, crafts, sewing etc)

6. He does the dishes

7. He's working his tail off trying to find a job

8. He listens to me talk about how I want to decorate our house, over and over and over

9. He's crazy funny and makes me laugh harder than anyone I know

10. He remembers details and doesn't mind telling me about them

11. He helps me pick up after the kids (though some, I'm sure, would be surprised to find out that either one of us actually do this :-) )

12. He loves me for who I am and what I look like, no complaints...well, none that he mentions anyway

13. He helps accomplish MY projects

14. He is super diligent in spending time with the Lord

15. He is really smart

16. He's really hot

17. He lets me go out and stays home to take care of the kids

18. He eats all of the "let's try something new!" dinners I put on the table and only occasionally supplements them with cereal

19. He never complains

20. He is trusting the Lord with our future

21. He is generous

22. He loves our kids

23. He plays endless pretend games of Wii (we don't have one) and Sportscenter with our kids

24. He loves my family

25. He loves His family

26. He is cautious with our money and doesn't get angry (well, not usually) when I get angry at him for NOT spending it

27. He lets me panic and doesn't treat me like an idiot for doing it

28. He preaches the gospel to our children

29. He decided to spend the rest of his life with me

30. He looks super sexy in his suit


You are the best Babe! I love you Hun!

8 comments:

Ginger said...

ah-I love it amy! What a wife you are!!

Bekah said...

YAY for Brian! Way to honor him Ames...and I must say...Brian is looking HOT in that pic! =0)

Michelle said...

Awwwww... :) I like how you had three separate remarks about how hot you think he is. hehe. :)

Unknown said...

Brian is "practically perfect in every way!" We are very grateful for him and for how he leads your family. :)

Ashley said...

awww, that is so cute amy :)

Melinda said...

WOW!! I think you gave me a tooth ache

Jessica Rockey said...

What a list!!! and no cliches. I don't think I spotted one 'means of grace' or 'joy and a privilege'.

Jennifer said...

Ames- Way to go encouraging your man! You've encouraged me to go encourage mine!