Saturday, June 2, 2007

House. Dress.

So, it's been a while since I've posted...up until the beginning of this week things have been pretty busy. Getting the house ready to put on the market, stuff for various weddings, I don't even remember what else. It wasn't too bad, there just wasn't any time for "extras", including blogging :-).

The house went on the market 2 weeks ago and we haven't had anyone look at it yet. Ha ha, I think it's kinda funny. You spend all this time getting it PERFECT and no one comes! It's good for me though. I tend to want to make things happen if things aren't moving the way I think they should. So, it's been good to try to learn again that the Lord's plan is absolutely perfect and I don't need to do anything except trust Him. Has he ever done anything that wasn't the best before?! No. You'd think I would learn...

Just a little side note -it's kinda funny seeing your own house in pictures...looks totally different in person. Interesting seeing it like other people would, at least on paper. This is the little whachacallit sheet that Karen made up for folks to take.

This week has been nice and slow and the house is pretty much clean so I've been able to relax a bit and get working on some projects. Finally started (and almost finished!) that dress for Gwyneth I posted about. I actually decided to make two (thanks for the input!!) and use both fabrics. I started with the pink fabric so I can work out the kinks size & style-wise before I make one with the blue ('cause I like the blue a bit better too). So far it's turning out pretty well, a bit big on the sides, but I think I can make it work (going to put some ties on the side so it's adjustable). I also put some cute green fabric on the backside of it so it's completely reversible (if it gets dirty, you flip it!). I love the way it's designed because she'll be able to wear it forever...she can wear it as a dress while she's little and then can wear it as a top when she's older. I didn't come up with these ideas on my own, I saw the dress online...by Right Bank Babies so I'm pretty much just trying to copy it :-). Once I get those ties made and attached it'll be done. Then it's off to #2! It's so fun making stuff! :-) (I know, I'm a dork. I get so excited about this stuff!)

6 comments:

Michelle said...

yeah for the new post!!! man, your house sure does sparkle! :) hehe. it looks great. does it kinda make you not want to move? i mean, looking that good and all?

Ginger said...

thats like the best house ad ever! I hope the selling goes well, and quick, for you guys. Thanks again for today, we had fun. Also, I love that dress! Thats what you meant by growing with her...maybe we can get together and make some for our girls...

AmyB said...

ha ha, Michelle you made me laugh about the sparkle thing. I thought it was pretty goofy too, but hey, I like things that sparkle :-).

Ginger, you are welcome...I had fun too and I'd love to get together and make some stuff! I think I said this already in my post, but I love making stuff! :-) Even better when you can make stuff with friends!

Michelle said...

Hey - we can have a 'stuff making' party. i have a few - three - projects i need to busta move on. as in, i haven't even bought the materials. agh!

Jenn said...

So glad to hear from you girlie ... and thanks for the negatives, love you!!!

Jennifer said...

Ames, your house looks great. Thanks for coping with you favorite psycho friend. What a blessing to have you in my life.

JL