Monday, June 25, 2007

Oh Really?

The other night I was making dinner and it was late (I didn't plan well so I had to wait for my sweet Hun to get me some milk on his way home). So as I am "cutting in" the crisco in my biscuits with my right hand and stirring sauce on the stove with the other, in comes Austie. Here was the conversation -

"Mommy, I need some milk"


"You'll have to ask Daddy to get it for you buddy" (no hands free here)

"Well, Daddy is going to lay down on the couch. So, you can get it Mommy."

Oh yeah? :-) Made me laugh. By the way, Brian didn't send Austie in to ask me and he WAS serving me by keeping an eye on the kiddos (as he does every night) so I could make dinner without little arms clawing at my legs. So, this isn't a husband bash! Just thought it was funny that Austin's perspective was that "OBVIOUSLY Mommy", Daddy is doing something much more important than you are right now!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

haha. Funny little guy.

He was over here the other day with Aunt Christen and I mentioned to Christen that my throat had been hurting. Austin looked at me with this sincere look of concern and said "are you ok Aunt Michelle?". What a sweetie...

Ginger said...

HA!! Isnt it great how they assume mommy is gonna do it? I love that attention, but it can be pretty stretching :)
funny story!

Jenn said...

Cute story Ames ... love hearing about your world, sounds vaguely familiar hee hee :) I love knowing we are doing the Same things!! :)