Sunday, August 12, 2007

Gwyneth's Dress...Attempt #1

Well, here is the final product from my first attempt at creating a pattern and making a dress for Gwyneth. Who knew that such a simple dress was going to take more than one attempt (I'm currently working on #3!)?!? This first one is HUGE (had to rig this tie thing on the sides to get it to "fit") and it's a bit weird with the cape-ish thing happening in the back. Actually, it doesn't look quite as bad in these pics since she's standing still. I'm thinking that when she's 4 or 5 she may actually fit into it :-). Made some major adjustments, redrew the pattern and went for it again (this time with an old sheet instead of my nice fabric...idiot...should have done that first). Thought for sure that #2 was it, but it's still a tad large under the arms and kinda falls off her shoulder. She did wear it to church, but we had some modesty issues with the strap falling off. :-) Good thing she's only 1 'cause dang, can't be doing that at church! :-) Not too bad though. At least she'll be able to wear it again fairly soon (it'd probably be fine with a T under it). I'm determined that attempt #3 is going to be PERFECT! (well, perfect for me, that is, don't look too closely at the stitching he he he). So here is Gwyneth modeling her new size 4 dress ;-). I'll get pics of #2 up shortly.

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Gosh she's cute. Look at those smiles. Oh, and the dress is cute too. hehe.

Ginger said...

Not bad Amy! I like the reversable thing about it! Really cute material too. One time I made a pattern and sewed reid some overall things--it turned out too short and too wide. But I liked the material so much I kept it! (I guess Im hoping some child of mine one day can wear it--poor little vara) ha!

Jennifer said...

too cute. Amy you did a great job! And Gwyneth is too much!

JLN

AmyB said...

We call Gwyneth's smile in the top pic (pink), her stinker face. Fun to have a girl with some spunk :-).

Ginger that's funny about saving the overall things for Vara...you'll have to bring her over in them sometime :-).

Thanks Jennifer! Yeah, she's a mess, hilarious, but a mess.

Bethany said...

she is too cute and the dress adorable too

Jenn said...

I LOVE IT and she is so cute!

Unknown said...

She is sooooo cute!!! And I'm not biased at all. I only have the 2 cutest grandchildren ever.

Unknown said...

And thank you Ames for spending time with me yesterday....what a treat!

Ashleigh said...

Amy, those are great! I haven't attempted to make clothes for my girls yet, but it's on my list to do. Any tips you can pass on?