Things have been busy, everything went really well with the move and we are all unpacked (yay!!!). Got a few things to find places for and need to start decorating, but now my attentions have moved on to Christmas shopping :-). Haven't had a chance, ok, so I haven't had the energy, to do pics of the house and post them (like it takes a lot of energy, I know...it's the whole getting myself motivated thing), but I'll get them up soon. Can't wait to show you guys!On a different subject, here is a conversation I just had with Austin...
(Austie walks up and says this after breakfast) "They don't want me to turn five"
"THEY don't want you to turn five??"
"No, they don't want me to" (hmm. ok)
"Who doesn't want you to?"
"The people." (uh...the people?!)
"What people buddy?"
"The old ones"
Apparently, there you have it. Funny thing is, this isn't the first time he's brought this up. So being the great mommy I am, even though (I mean, let's just be honest here) I totally agree with the feeling, I try to convince my 4 year old that turning 5 isn't bad at all. "But Austie, it's gonna be super fun! You get to grow up and be big and strong like daddy...and hey, all of your friends are already turning 5! What's there not to like about 5?!! You get to have a really fun party with all your buddies, we can roast marshmallows, (his bday is in January) you get presents...you're gonna LOVE IT! It's gonna be great!!!" I don't think he bought it. Deep down, I don't think I did either. That's all right Muncho, I'm kinda sad you're getting older too.
Hmmm. Maybe "The People" don't want me to get older either? :-).

8 comments:
i have been meaning to call you!! My kiddies got sick too and things are starting to chill out here. Can we come over and play at your awesome house soon??
awww.... cutie. I'm a tad concerned though and think you should follow up with who these "people" are. hehe ;-)
I'm in agreement with the people. 5!!!! AAAGGHH! Where does the time go to? Hope you're enjoying relaxing. Don't worry about shopping and taking pics just yet... you just unpacked your house. Give yourself a wee break :)
Love,
JL
I know that you are tired, but the people want pics of your house!
Oh my! What a crazy kid you have! So fun seeing you today! Love you!
What a funny, but sad story at the same time. Where does time go? Sigh.
We sure did miss you in North Carolina this year. We loved looking at the photo book you gave Grandma and Grandpa. :-)
Do you remember "my people" from the old days. HAHA :) My dad used to always joke that.
So happy for you about your home.
Love you
Post a Comment