Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Finally...Our New Home

Here are some pics I took today of our new house. The plan was to get the house all decorated and clean and THEN take pictures, but since that wasn't going to happen, I decided to show you real life :-). Actually, looking at the shots again, it doesn't look too messy -guess I did a good job hiding everything!














Looking in the front door



















Our office/craft room -to the right when you walk in the door. You can see my messy desk and if you look closely, a large pile of craft/sewing stuff behind the door to the right :-)

















Dining room (taken from the family room -you can see the office and a cute little Munchie & Sweets in the background)

Family room...from the foyer pic, it's down the hall to the right. The Dining Room would be to the right. Kitchen table and our sitting area that looks out into our backyard













Kitchen complete with dirty dishes













Our backyard! It's huge -so fun to have all the room for the kids to run around. And, yes, we're hoping to get a fence up at some point. Trying not to get too anxious about random strange people roaming around back there (you know...trying to steal my kids, spy on us, deal drugs in our woods, etc....those things that always happen when you don't have a fence up). We have enough wierdos inside the house...don't need extras running around outside.














Soooo excited!!!! Our friend and very talented carpenter, Brian Crabb, built us these awesome window seat thingies :-) along with a new mantle (other one wasn't built to hold any weight). We were hoping to get some sort of shelving built on either side of the fireplace to put the TV and have extra storage so, Brian built this while we were on vacation in Williamsburg!!! LOVE IT!!! The paint is dry but I want to make sure it's SUPER dry all the way through before we put the TV or anything on it. At the old house I waited a couple of weeks to put stuff on our new mantle there and it still pulled paint off. Here are the before and after shots.


12 comments:

Les said...

Amy- The house is so nice... I need to come by and see it in person! FYI: I started a blog too... www.les-lifeinthefastlane.blogspot.com if you want to add me and keep in touch :)

Bekah said...

It looks great Ames! Its so weird that that is your house though...geez I havent even been there since you've moved in! Love the mantle and shelf things Brian made! And you christmas decorations on the mantle are the deal!!! Love you...see you soon!

Katie Virginia said...

oh, amy! It looks so pretty! I was thrilled to see you FINALLY put pictures up. I can't wait to see it in person one day! Love you!

Ginger said...

ahh- I just love your house. Its so sunny!! I think Id live in that craft room just perfectly. The fire place looks great like that, too. Cant wait to visit again! love you

Billie said...

It is so nice Amy! Can't wait to come visit and see it in person. Great job.

Ashleigh said...

Amy, your new house is beautiful! I love all the windows and wood floors!

Catherine said...

Ams, looks beautiful. Glad you're enjoying it!

Jenn said...

Amy,

LOVE IT!! Merry Christmas, Love you

sarah said...

Oh it is so pretty! I love how much light comes in- can't wait to see it in person. How are you feeling? Have a wonderful Christmas!! Love ya

Sara said...

Love your home Amy! Looks so cute and martha stewartish!
Love you --Sara

Lizzy said...

BEAUTIFUL!!

Leslie said...

Ames

Its gorgous! So spacious... and i love the floors!! really make all that white POP. Next time i am in town this summer i need to come by for a visit. So happy for you and Brian. And as for no fence just think of it as a way to meet the neighbors... who knows what God wants to do because you have no fence.