WE SOLD OUR HOUSE!!!!! Here's the story- A week or so ago we talked with our realtor trying to figure out what to do...lower the price, just wait, put it for rent, etc. She ran all the info on our neighborhood again and we found out that nothing has sold in our neighborhood since May. Nothing. That was BEFORE we put our house on the market. Also, there were 9 houses for sale in the neighborhood at that time (our neighborhood is not large) and the prices on all of them were continuing to drop. Significantly. Because of that, our house was now priced as one of the highest. We are closing on our new house Nov. 2. NOT GOOD. Lord help. The next morning, after praying some more, Brian says that he feels like we should drop the price $30, 000 (to get right in with the lowest prices in the 'hood). Heard that right folks, $30 big ones. Uh, coulda bought a brand new Mercedes with that (not to mention that fridge we need & possibly washer and dryer we're going to need if we rent this thing out)! So, 2 weeks ago we dropped the price ($50,000 less than our original price) AND put it up for rent. At this point we're both thinking, "dear Lord, please just let someone want to rent this!" The two mortgage thing just wasn't going to be an option for very long.That weekend, we had 3 different people come to look at the house (it'd been almost 3 weeks since we'd had anyone). Got a call from Karen (realtor)...we had a bite! The Sat. folks were writing a contract that night (Monday). Tuesday came, got another call - had the contract, and a second couple was meeting that night...their realtor was begging us to wait for THEIR contract also. 2 OFFERS!!! We met with Karen Wednesday to go over them both (so exciting!!)...the first offer is for our asking price, plus they will pay closing costs and they want our window treatments (for those of you who don't know, my window "treatments" consist of $2.50 sheets from WalMart)- HA HA ! That part just made us laugh. Oh yeah, AND they want to close on Oct. 30 AND are offering to let us stay FOR FREE until we move out (several days later). Offering. No negotiating on our end, just offering. At this point, things can't get better. Oh yes, it gets better -THEY WANT OUR SWING SET!!!! Similar to the curtains, an old yard sale find that our neighbors gave us when they moved. We were going to have to try to junk it somewhere. THEN, we find out that a 3rd realtor called to let us know that if something falls through, let her know and HER PEOPLE love the house and want to write an offer. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????
Amazingly enough, it still gets better. Back to that refrigerator we have to buy that we don't really have the money for...we found one for $850ish...ok great, we'll do our best to swing it. But no, due to the VA tax holiday, a 15% off deal they were running, a coupon we could use on top AND trouble they were having ordering it, we got a brand new fridge for UNDER $700...incl. delivery. Done. Exactly what we wanted/needed (well, aside from that $2000 french door model I REALLY wanted ;-) ) Are you kidding me????
Ok, ok, yes, it still gets better... Friday, our builder calls Brian and tells him that he has installed and had to rip out two sets of our wood floors. Something about microscopic cracks that keep appearing. Uhhh, that's bad right?! So....our closing date has just been moved to later? Yikes. NOPE! "Would it be ok if we put in these other (read "nicer) wood floors at no cost?" Folks, these other floors are exactly what I had originally wanted, just couldn't afford...actually, didn't even know they were an upgrade option. YEEEEEEEEES!!!! So excited!
Needless to say, this past week has been FULL of God's overwhelming tangible blessings to us. To top the great week off, our dear friends had their first little baby girl and we had our church's 20th anniversary celebration on Saturday. We were again reminded of God's abundant and amazing goodness to us. We got to catch up with some old friends from other states and our big musical went off without a hitch (I was in it). Thank you Lord! We are overwhelmed.
Your mercy overwhelms me
More amazing every day
This kindness straight from Heaven
is relentless like the waves
You're good Lord!
You're wonderful to me!
You're good Lord!
So wonderful to me!
Your mercy overtakes me
even when my feet have strayed
And though I don't deserve it
You surround me with your grace
You're good Lord!!
"You're Good Lord" by Katherine Scott

16 comments:
What a kind God. I love hearing stories of God's "tangible" blessings. Especially amazing ones like this. So happy for you Amy. hopefully next time we visit we can come see your new house...maybe stay a night or two with you. It's looking good.
Amy, I am so happy and thankful for you. Thanks for taking time to share of God's faithfulness and grace
Amy, how wonderful! I love hearing these stories! God is so good.
WooooHOOOO! That is great, very excited for you and your family
Yeah Amy!!!! I mean..... Yeah God!!! So exciting! When's the housewarming party? I'll bring cheese!
Joy. Joy. Joy.
Yay yay yay! So exciting Ames!
God is so faithful to give us EXACTLY what we need, when we need it : )
umm...what about the fact that your sister came to visit from out of town!!! Geez...at least you coulda put me in the last paragraph...I mean...I even babysat your kids on short notice...I get no respect! ;)
Dear Amy,
What a faithful God we serve. I am so excited that you sold your home. What a good God! I am praying that your move goes smoothly and that you enjoy getting settled into your new home!
Love,
JL
Amy!!! Yea, I am so happy for you and Brian. What a huge relief! It gives me a little hope that things could work out for us to be neighbors. I'd love it! Rejoicing with you! Love you----
What blessings Amy! I'm so excited for you guys... I even got a little teary eyed! oh my...
Love you!
yeah!!!!
Sean and i have been praying since the last email that i got from you. We are so happy for you. God id good, (even if he stuck me in the middle of Dallas) Love you!
Wow that is one incredible week! So blessed to see the Lord pour out his grace upon your family, sorry I never write on your blog but seeing your sweet face makes me miss you so.
Thanks for all of your prayers friends! We really felt like we were able to have faith for whatever God had for us because of it!
I'm hoping to have everything set up quickly once we get in so we can have a housewarming party, so Jess, please, bring the cheese! :-) As a side note, if any of you "in-townies" are avail...would love to have some friends to unpack and decorate with!
Billie (and any of you other out of townies!) We would LOVE to have you stay with us!!!! Just let us know when :-) Our house is always open!
Katie T- your Dallas comment made me laugh - miss you girl
Leslie- miss you guys too -been keeping up with you guys on your blog (guess i don't really comment either huh?) many hugs!
Oh so great. I am so happy for you.
Very happy for you guys. The new house looks really nice :)
Love ya!
Post a Comment