Before church on Sundays, we always run through all the things we are expecting from the kids...no rolling around on the floor during worship, sing the songs or be quiet, pay attention in class, obey your teachers, etc. So, I'm telling Austie -"You get to go in class today so I want you to listen when your teachers are talking and obey them quickly and cheerfully when they tell you to do something." He kind of scrunched up one side of his face (think, the snotty "whatever mom" face...he wasn't having an attitude, that was just his expression), looked at me and very matter of factly said, "Teachers are like people, but they're not (come on mom, let's be real here). They're different. They're teachers." :-) So sorry to all of you friends who happen to be teachers! I'm sure Austin doesn't think any less of you because of it :-).
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Thoughts on Teachers, By Austie
Before church on Sundays, we always run through all the things we are expecting from the kids...no rolling around on the floor during worship, sing the songs or be quiet, pay attention in class, obey your teachers, etc. So, I'm telling Austie -"You get to go in class today so I want you to listen when your teachers are talking and obey them quickly and cheerfully when they tell you to do something." He kind of scrunched up one side of his face (think, the snotty "whatever mom" face...he wasn't having an attitude, that was just his expression), looked at me and very matter of factly said, "Teachers are like people, but they're not (come on mom, let's be real here). They're different. They're teachers." :-) So sorry to all of you friends who happen to be teachers! I'm sure Austin doesn't think any less of you because of it :-).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Haha! I think you told me this one before...but its still so cute! And that picture of Muncho just makes me smile! What a cute kid!
So cute! As a Sunday school teacher to 1st and 2nd graders I find that very amusing. What is it about teachers that make them seem seem so different to kids?
Keep up the cute quotes! :-)
And, Woah!, does Austie look older in that pic or what?!
Big bro to two I guess.
HAAA That is very cute
Very funny! It's so fun finding out the thoughts of little people!
He's so funny- I can't wait for you to have number 3. I should email you this but I'm not sure I have your address . . . I want to order pictures from Smith wedding but what I really want are .jpgs. Let me know how I can order a few- thanks!
I like that... Real people, but not. If you were to get a glimpse into my mind, it would probably sound pretty similar. Hmmm.... skinny people... they're kinda like real people, but not.
Love it! Keep it comin Austie! I like your style!
Hilarious!! My kids have told me similar things in the past (ie. "Do you eat, Miss Korday?" "What room do you live in here?"(at school) sooo funny.
Post a Comment