Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I Knew He Liked Counting... :-)

When we go over to my dad & mom's house, Austin always pulls out a deck of cards and organizes them somehow. Most of the time it's in numerical order or in order of suits and then numerically, but the other day my mom walked in and found this...


Ok, so I didn't see it either at first. Click on the first picture to look closely...there's a pattern.



Need a hint?



Start at the top left card and work your way down the same way you would if you were reading.






Need another hint? I did. I'm not ashamed. :-)


Try putting a + between the first two numbers and an = between the last two.

Yeah. I was amazed too.

9 comments:

Katherine M. said...

Pretty amazing! What a smart kid. It seems to run in the family. Hope you are doing well.

Ginger said...

um--whoa.
I am really glad he and Reid are friends. :)
Oh-got my diaper bag! Loving it! Would it be cheating to use it now??

Jenn said...

Ames,

That boy has always been so smart! I was just thinking of him today and how he was spelling names of family members etc. a few years ago! So thankful for the wonderful mind God has blessed your sweet boy with. Love you!

Bekah said...

Holy carolly! That kid is one smart cookie! I didnt get the pattern until i looked at your hints...Bobby however got it right away... =o) Austie is so cute!

Michelle said...

Have you been working on addition or did he just teach himself that? Either way.... Man...

abbey said...

WHOA...that's amazing. he's a smart little guy :) and the dinner conversation is so funny! imagine when he get's into multiplication and division...

Leslie said...

Little man has got skills!! He is really something special and thanks for the hints:) hehe

mindy said...

(Just catching up with you.)

Ummm...wow! What planet is this kid from?!?!?!?!

Lizzy said...

Amy ~ in all seriousness, you have a near-genius on your hands, girlfriend. this is coming from a primary level teacher who has worked with MANY little ones...I don't know if I've ever seen anything like this!! WOW, is all I can think of...