Monday, April 9, 2007

Food!

I was tagged by Michelle to do this questionnaire... after browsing through other blogs, it looks like I wasn't the only one tagged to do this! Been fun reading all of your responses...here are mine :-)

1. What’s your #1 comfort food? Some sort of creamy soup, coffee, earl grey/chai tea, and really dark chocolate (though, not all at the same time...except maybe the coffee or tea & chocolate!)

2. If you were on a deserted island, what one food would you want to have with you? Oh wow, I don't know...jars and jars of natural peanut butter? Got some good protein and good fats in there, and hey, you could even smear it on the unappetizing food you'd resort to eating. I figure, Austie survives pretty well on it for lunches (he won't eat anything else), so might work out pretty well on a deserted island.

3. What is/are your signature dishes? I don't think I have any...we're usually trying out new recipes 'cause I think it's fun.

4. It’s Friday night, you don’t know what to cook. You opt for … well, either you go for chicken Parmesan...'cause it pretty much boils down to noodles, jarred pasta sauce and chicken and I almost always have those on hand, or we run down the street for some yummy and healthy sushi rolls. Ok fine, so occasionally we resort to dialing up Papa Johns and having some pizza delivered. :-)

5. What’s your biggest weakness when it comes to food? Any kind of homemade fruit cobbler

6. What food can you absolutely not eat? I don't think there are any particular items that I won't eat, I'll usually try anything once. BUT, I prefer not to eat anything that starts out from a box...it seems like they always add too much sugar, salt and fat and it never ends up tasting quite that good anyway.

7. You need a drink. You grab... water, I never drink enough of it

8. What’s the most decadent dish you’ve had? These are harder than I thought! I think I'm really spoiled 'cause we get to eat a lot of genuinely good food, so it's hard to pick. The most decadent dish I've eaten technically defined would probably have to be the Death by Chocolate Cake that Michelle referred to.

9. Favorite Type of food? Anything of any ethnicity

10. Favorite dish? Don't think I have one. Love my mom's Herb Vermicelli and anything Spanish

11. If your partner could take you to any restaurant you wanted, which one would it be? The Columbia in Florida

12. Are you a soup or salad person? Soup. When I was younger I would eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I enjoy a good salad too, but if I had to make the choice, I'd go soup.

13. Buffet, take-out, or sit-down restaurant? Sit down. I tend to feel like the other options are a waste of money and calories :-).

14. What’s the most impressive dinner you’ve ever made? Haven't a clue...I don't think I would classify much as impressive

15. Do you consider yourself a good cook? Good, not fantastic, though I'd like to get there! I think if you can follow directions and are willing to try new things, you can be a decent cook.

16. Do you know what vichyssoise is? Funny thing is that I know how to pronounce it, but can't remember what it is. Usually it's the other way around for me :-)

17. Who’s your favorite TV cook? Don't really watch much...I've caught a couple of different cooking shows, but I don't remember who the chefs were. I'll watch Take Home Chef on TLC if I happen to catch it on.

18. Can you name at least three TV cooking personalities? Rachael Ray, Ina Garten, Nigella Lawson

19. Homemade or homemade from a box? Homemade from scratch for sure... I grew up eating homemade dinners & desserts, so that's what I like best.

Bethany, if you haven't been picked yet, consider yourself tagged! I'd love to hear your responses! :-)

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Fun to read about you Ames.

Billie said...

I will have to check out "The Columbia" when Brian and I go to Florida. Thanks for the suggestion:) I liked reading your foodie.

AmyB said...

Billie- OH MY GOSH! We LOVE The Columbia! You have to get the sangria if you go...yummy! Seriously, I'd eat their food breakfast lunch and dinner if I could. As far as vacations go, I like Florida ok, but we will sometimes end up choosing there instead of somewhere else because then we can go to The Columbia! :-) Ok, so we're a bit weird. It's always been delish every time I've been. There are several of them around the state, but IF you can, go to the original one in Ybor City, Tampa. It takes up a whole block and they have dancers that preform while you eat. Fun! The architecture and decor are really pretty too. Wow, just realized how long this response is! Ha ha, I'm a dork! Maybe I should've just done a post on it :-)