Yay the kids are home! Though it was nice to not have the responsibility of changing diapers, picking up toys and getting them fed, I'm glad they're back! I always miss them when they're gone...and they always come back looking so much bigger. Just in a couple of days, Gwyneth is a lot more stable on her feet, not falling down if she gets off balance.Brian's parents brought them back around dinner time on Wednesday and we haven't stopped since. I had all these great plans to get a bunch of projects done while the kids were gone, and fortunately for me, the Lord had other plans! I'm so thankful...I was able to relax without feeling guilty and spend a lot of uninterrupted time with some of my closest friends. I even had a conversation about feeling like your life isn't "up to par" if you aren't accomplishing tasks, crossing things off of your list, or being efficient with your time. While all those things are good, God isn't thinking we're not "good enough" if we aren't doing those things. Who is setting those things up as standards to live up to anyway? Hmmm, must be me! How much more important for me this past week to spend my time with others than to get my house clean or all my projects done?! So, yeah, it was a great little vacation...time well spent!

7 comments:
Thanks for taking care of me girl. I sooooo appreciate it! :-)
Pretty flower. Hey I have been having those same thoughts lately. I was feeling so bad yesterday unable to cross anything off my list and just felt really down but at the end of the day realized I needed rest and God gave me that. Although it can still be hard when I look around and see all that needs to be done but really my life doesn't need to revolve around checking off the list life IS about relationships and the people around us not things or tasks. Thanks for the reminder...nice to know I am not alone.
Sounds like a great vacation....I am about to have one of those myself. It is so much more rewarding to spend our time with and serving others. love you Am and I am glad your feeling refreshed. The "list" will still be there....FOREVER...until Heaven.
Ames,
So glad you enjoyed your "time off." Sounds like it was time well spent!
Love you Jenn
Amy, isn't it good that we are more than what we do? It's who we are in Him that matters. It's so hard for me to not put my value in what I do as opposed to who I am a child of the King... hey, you're a child of the king too... I guess that makes us princesses!
I love you!
Jennifer Leigh
God is so kind to direct our paths!! Glad you had a great week getting together with friends. Miss you,
Sara
Thanks for the comments you gals...it is so encouraging to be reminded about that! It's something that I need to remind myself of everyday, 'cause everyday, my list tends to drive me.
Michelle -Of course! Thanks for letting me...wouldn't have wanted to do anything else!
Post a Comment