Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Gwyneth's Easter Dress

One of the things I always wanted to do "if I had a girl" was to make lots and lots of cute sundresses for her. Things she could wear, hang on to and let her daughters wear (well, I guess that's if she wants to!). Growing up, my mom made lots of beautiful dresses for us and as I got older, I'd always pressure her into making something for an event coming up (usually very last minute). So, in honor of my hardworking mom and the fabulous dresses I got to wear, I decided that I would start Gwyneth's "collection" with an Easter dress. And, to continue the last minute tradition, I started and completed it on Saturday, the day before Easter. All said, it took about 9 hours start to finish (which is kinda funny it even took that long since the dress is so small!). I'm hoping that next time I'll be able to crank one out a bit faster. :-)

6 comments:

Sara said...

The simple fact that you sow is amazing to me since I can't even sow a button on a shirt!! Great job Ames!!

Love,

Sara

Jenn said...

Ames,
Great job girl, you're amazing. Love you! Jenn

Jennifer said...

Way to go girl. I love the dress. It turned out fabulous!

AmyB said...

Thanks! I've been on a creative kick recently so it's been really fun doing some fun projects! (well, fun for me)

Billie said...

Great job Amy! Pretty material too.

Bethany said...

Very sweet. Great Job!!!! It would take me 9 hours too or more. I can sew but I stink at it.