Tuesday, April 17, 2007
We're buying a new house!
Most of you know already, but we are getting a new house!!! The house we are in now, is something we wanted to be in for 5 or so years before we moved. Since we were the first owners of this house, we'd always thought it would be great to be able to get into another brand new house/neighborhood. So, last summer Brian realized that just waiting around to hear about a new development wasn't really going to work. We weren't even really thinking about moving at that point, but thought that if we wanted to be able to "get in" again, we would have to be more pro-active. Long story short, there is a builder in our church that started a new neighborhood in Deep Creek. Actually, he is building new houses in a neighborhood that was first developed in the 50s. We loved everything about it and decided to go for it! We signed the contract a couple of weeks ago and we meet with the designer tomorrow to pick everything out & finalize all the upgrades (we get to have wood floors!!!!! No more "cleaning" throw-up and various other baby fluids & food spills out of the carpets!). I'm so excited! I tried to post a picture of what the house will look like, but I can't get it to work. So, if you want to check it out, we are getting the Walnut model in the Cottage Collection with the Colonial Revival elevation. We should move in this October.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
Ames,
I just LOVE it! So which floor plans are you having on the first and second floors. Are you doing the keeping room? Are you having the fourth bedroom upstairs? Tell all! What color is the outside of your home going to be?
Love you!
Jenn :)
Hey! So glad you like it :-). We are doing the keeping room, it really opens everything up on the downstairs and we are doing the fourth bedroom too! The outside of our house will be a dark blue/grey (surprised? my whole house now is blue!), black shutters and probably a pretty red door.
Just talked to realtor (Karen S.!) today and we're probably putting our house on the market in the middle of May! AHHHH! That's like 3 weeks -Here we go! :-)
That is so exciting! I will be praying for you- with packing, selling a house etc!
How fun. Looks really nice.
Ames,
So glad you have Karen. She is wonderful.
I love the idea of the keeping room and the bedroom. Hopefully I can come and see sometime!
Did you have fun with Min?
Love you, Jenn
oh amy! That's SO exciting!!! I can't wait to see more pictures. Congratulations :)
Love you!
Thanks! I'm thrilled...can't wait until they start building so I can get some pics of OUR house (instead of the model)
Jenn, I did have fun with Mindy, went by too fast as always :-)
Libby is enjoying your picture of your girl...and keeps asking and pointing and I keep telling her "It's Gwyneth!" I'm so excited about your new home. I think it will be absolutely lovely. I can't wait to come down and see it. When do you actually move in?
Jennifer, that is so cute that Libby keeps asking about Gwyneth. Gwyneth loves looking at other babies too.
We are hoping to be move in October (at least that's what they put on the contract). No specific date yet.
This is the first Ive seen of the house model...it is so beautiful!! I bet you are thrilled! Call if you want company with packing or something..
Post a Comment