Saturday, September 29, 2007

Snuggling with Girl in the Morning

Nearly every morning Brian fixes Gwyneth a bottle of milk (yeah, we still let her have a bottle!) and then goes and gets her out of her crib. Then he brings here up to me in bed and we have some snuggle time! Just me, Baby Sweets, her blanket and her "baby" (pink bear). And her other bear. And her big frog. And her little frog (you can see his legs sticking out). Funny that somehow she ended up with two bears and two frogs. She can say "bear" and "fog", but she calls them all "baby". It's cute. She gathers them all up in her arms, stands up in her bed (still holding them all) and makes you carry her (and company) up. I love it...not sure what we'll do when baby boy comes though. Fun for me to have some special snuggle time just with Gwyneth...even if we're not completely alone :-).

13 comments:

Ginger said...

that is so sweet! Vara gathers her favorites before we get her out of the crib, too...not quite as many though :)

Katherine M. said...

Amy, How very dear and precious! I remember those days, and it makes me kind of sad they are all behind me. Gwyneth is so adorable. Her eyes look like sparkling jewels. I love that she brings her babies with her. When I was little, I use to put all my stuffed animals all around me under the covers. I thought if I left any out they would get their feelings hurt.

Kate Thomas. said...

How sweet! That was my favorite thing when Cai stayed with us. Snuggling time is precious!

Billie said...

I love snuggle time. Jordan doesn't snuggle much...he is way too busy. And the only thing he cares about is his thumb and blanket. Low maintance I guess. Cute picture Am.

Jenn said...

How sweet ... memories you will always cherish

Bekah said...

Awww...Gwee is so snuggly right after she wakes up! Any other time...haha...no way! I miss little Gwee Gwee...give her snuggles for me! Love you guys!

Katie Virginia said...

awh, aim, you look so fine ;) do you always look that fine in the morning... ;) haha

Jessica Rockey said...

Cute picture. Gwenyth is so adorable. You've always made 'being a mom' look so fun and relaxing. I'm sure you have your 'moments', but youreally seem to enjoy you children. It makes me wanna have one! Love ya SKIB!

Jennifer said...

Ames, Mike brings Libby into bed with me in the morning and gives her a cup of milk and a "bar" (cereal bar) and she is quiet for another hour. I don't snuggle... but I do get some extra shut-eye. Praise God for our men, huh?!

Enjoy the snuggling,

JL

sarah said...

That is so sweet- I love snuggle time! Ally is the same way with her "nuggly" (blanket) and her stuffed animals they include- pink piggy, bear, horsey, puppies and sometimes kitty's. She is so funny, and she carries them around all day in some sort of bag, so we have to round them all up before bed or just settle for maybe two or three things. So fun!

Catherine said...

Very cute! I love all "the company."

Judy said...

Awww, very sweet. Ummm, do you always look so lovely first thing in the morning? I would never allow my picture to be taken first thing. No thank you. Ruth is snuggly only when she wants to be... Sigh. They're growing up & no one wants to hug me anymore. Boo hoo.

Bethany said...

What a cute pic. I love that she brings all those things in the bed to snuggle. Our bed is a big snuggle fest night time before bed and in the morning. Works even with new baby. So fun. I am going to cry the day the first one no longer wants to snuggle.